Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First day of preschool

Today me and Andre dropped our little man off at his first day of school. He was so excited and just smiling like crazy. He wouldn't even take a nap because he was so happy to be going to school. I think Chris not crying like the other kids the day before helped him a little with watching mommy and daddy walk away. In day care he was not very happy, he used to cry by the door and everything. So as a mom I was very happy to not see my child cry. Chris actually cried a little at school today because he was tired.

On to Arizona Moms. I came up with this because I didn't want to call my support group for moms House of Love if that's what the maternity home was going to be called. Basically Arizona Mom's is an unofficial non-profit organization. What I mean by unofficial is we are not a 501c3 non-profit but at the end of the day all of fundraising money and money we receive from people will be put into Arizona Moms and into House of Love to get it started off the ground. The first fundraiser I want to do would be either speed dating or I was thinking of hosting maybe a poetry night at a cafe. Event's that I will be hosting for these young moms will be things such as Managing Finances, Get Fit, Proper Resumes, Get Back into School. Various Life Skills events. Also things for them to do with their kids such as baby and me book club so moms can read to their kids and after so many books you get prizes (like a summer reading club), day at the zoo (where an actual person will take us around and explain the animals to the kids), Be a science kid (visit the science museum.) A lot of activities that they might not have been able to do and through fundraising and donations Arizona Moms can make this happen. Keep it Tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment